"That they may all be one, as you Father, are in me and I am in you"
2020 has been a year that we will never forget, at school we are operating very differently now to what we anticipated back in January. The reality is that what we would have normally expected to happen at the end of the school year will be different this year.
As parents it is important that we set the example for our children in understanding and coping with these changes as our children take their cues from us. It is worth reminding ourselves how great it is that we are able to be back onsite planning COVID safe end of year procedures and activities for our children. This scenario was not looking like being our reality a few months ago. With my own children who are in grades one, four and six we have been explaining to them that while things may be different for them they will still be able to enjoy a fun end to the year in a manner that is as safe as possible amidst the pandemic.
Here at St Pat’s the following procedures are in place as we head towards the last few weeks;
- The exchanging of Christmas cards between children is an activity which brings much delight to both the child giving and the child receiving. We are pleased to be in a position to allow this to continue this year, however due to having to comply with COVID procedures, we would ask that children do not give out or share other trinkets or treats which commonly accompany these. To avoid any disappointment, we request that only Christmas Cards are to be shared and distributed by students.
- Parents have asked about whether they are able to pass on a gift at the end of the year to their child’s teacher. It is fine to do so if you desire.
- Drinking Fountains are now turned back on for students.
- The staggered pick up times (A-K: 2.55pm and L-Z: 3.10pm) and rules surrounding drop off in the morning (children dropped off from 8.40am and parents remaining in cars) will remain until the end of the year.
- The children will have a New Grade Transition on Monday the 14th of December between 11.30-1.00pm.
- Reports will also be distributed to families on Monday the 14th of December which will contain the name and class of your child’s 2021 grade.
- Our End of Year Mass will be on Wednesday the 16th at 11.30am. This will be live streamed for parents (a link will be in next weeks newsletter).
- School Captain and House Captain voting will take place on Tuesday the 15th and Wednesday the 16th (the children will give a speech and be voted on by all students in grades four and five). There will be two School Captains, Two Vice School Captains and two Leaders from each house. We will also be having four Social Justice Leaders (two male & two female) that will be selected by the staff and announced at our 2021 Beginning of Year Mass.
- School concludes for all students on Thursday the 17th at normal finish times.
- Thursday the 17th will also be a fun graduation day for our Year 6 students concluding with a small ceremony that parents can attend at 5.30pm (details have been sent to all Year 6 families).
- Due to the pandemic and the effort that has been put in by all students and families we will not be handing out individual class awards at the end of this year. We believe that all students should be congratulated for their 2020 year and very proud of what they achieved.
Classroom Layout /Specialists Classes 2021
As mentioned last week next year we will be redefining our learning spaces to create a more defined Junior, Middle and Senior areas of the school. We will have 21 Grades consisting of 3 streams across the school (3 Foundations, 3 Grade Ones, 3 Grade Twos, 3 Grade Threes, 3 Grade Fours, 3 Grade Fives, 3 Grade Sixes). Classroom physical locations will be as follows;
A Block Senior Building (Classrooms adjoining Admin Building) – 3 Grade 6 classes & 2 Grade 5 classes.
B Block Middle Building (Centre building) – Grades 3 & 4 and one Grade 5 class (this Grade 5 class will be located in the classroom opposite the Staff Room so that they are not physically very far from the other Grade 5’s).
E Block Junior Building (building near hall) – Grades P/1/2 (one Grade 2 class will be located in the two portables behind the E Block to allow us to accommodate all grades).
There will be some changes to the specialist classes in 2021. All children across the school (F-6) will participate in the following lessons each week;
- Music – 45 minutes per week
- Japanese – 45 minutes per week
- PE – 1 hour per week
- ICT/STEM – 1 hour per week
Who is teaching which grade next year will be announced in next week’s newsletter.
2021 Foundation Transition / (Prep) Enrolments
On Wednesday we enjoyed having our new 2021 Foundation students visit the school. Our next session is on Thursday the 10th between 9.00 – 11.30am. The students will again be divided into three separate groups to ensure their safety and they will not be mixing with current students.
We continue to take 2021 Foundation enrolments. If you need enrolment forms, or know of someone else who does, can you please request them at firstname.lastname@example.org Unfortunately, during this pandemic we cannot take tours or hold large gatherings, however we are holding meetings over the phone with those that inquire.
We ask that all families please apply sunscreen before your children come to school and your child brings a small sunscreen that they can re-apply if required. Due to regulations we are not able to provide sunscreen at school.
Our online Advent assembly this week is run by Grade 5BC and is at 2.20pm tomorrow on the following link;
Again, I remind parents to be aware of road rules and regulations when parking in and around the school. We have had council inspectors monitoring the parking areas and several local residents contact the school.
Friday 4th December 2020
Online Advent assembly please use the link below. 2:20pm
Thursday 10th December 2020
|Foundation/Prep 2021 Transition Day 9.30am - 11.30am|
Monday 14th December 2020
|Whole school transition day|
Wednesday 16th December 2020
|Whole School Mass - 11.30 Live Stream|
Thursday 17th December 2020
|Last day for students - normal dismissal time|
Friday 29th January 2021
|First Day for all students.|
This week, our Advent assembly will be the Jesse Tree Assembly presented by 5BC.
Please use the link below on Friday at 2:20 pm to view the assembly.
Please click on this link at 2:20pm to join.
The Jesse Tree is decorated with symbols. The symbols reminds us of all the people who waited for the coming of the Saviour. We will begin with characters from the Old Testament this week Grade 5BC will focus on characters from the New Testament.
In week 10, grade 4 SM will present the nativity story that reminds us of the account of the birth of Jesus.
We hope that you are able to join us for our Advent assemblies.
SACRAMENTAL PROGRAM 2020
Due to the continuing COVID restrictions, there will be no celebration of the Sacraments in 2020.
The children in grade 6 have been prepared for the Sacrament of Confirmation and would have received a request via Operoo to register there interest with the parish for March 2021. Please check your Operoo profiles if you haven't received the email.
The children in grade 4 are being prepared for the sacrament of First Eucharist and will receive First Communion next year. The children in grade 3 are being prepared for the sacrament of Reconciliation and will receive it early next year.
Hopefully we will be able to accommodate the extra numbers in 2021.
If any families are struggling at this time and would like to reach out for a chat or support please contact Meg Escalante, our Wellbeing officer, via email on email@example.com. You can also see the leaflet below from the Be You website which has contact numbers for you to call.
Many people come to Be You with a particular question or issue in mind, and the Fact Sheets are a great starting point to get answers. They’re also a valuable resource to share with families and others in your learning community.
Fact Sheets are accessible through the following seven themes:
Melbourne Metropolitan Stores are now open!
We look forward to welcoming you in-store.
Phone: 03 9769 9093
Fax: 03 9769 5345
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday 9.00am - 1.00pm
Closed Sunday & Public Holidays