"That they may all be one, as you Father, are in me and I am in you"
Welcome back as we commence the 2021 school year. I hope that all families enjoyed a relaxing break and are looking forward to the year ahead. At this stage we are planning for most of the activities that are usually undertaken in a school year to go ahead in a COVID safe manner. Let’s hope that this remains the case!
One of the privileges of working within a school is seeing the joy on the children’s faces as they commence a new year. It is a pleasure to watch them catch up with their friends and staff. We especially welcome our new Foundation (Prep) students, they have made a brilliant start and we are thrilled to have them as part of our community.
Over the first few weeks of this term all grades will be undertaking their Learning to Learn unit. During this time the grades will explore what it means to be a good learner, create agreed classroom expectations and behaviours, build relationships with classmates and staff and set their learning goals and plans for the year. The staff are currently conducting academic testing with the students. These results will be shared with you at our Family Learning Conversations on the 2nd and the 3rd of March (online booking details will be forwarded via the newsletter closer to the date). Please note that due to COVID the Family Learning Conversations will again be via Google Meet.
I remind parents that the following procedures are in place for the safety of all;
- Parents wishing to come into the grounds to drop off or collect their children must wear a mask, scan the QR code on the way in and wait out the front of the classroom. Please do not enter the rooms. Social distancing will apply. You must limit your visit to less than 15 minutes, gates open at 3pm at the end of the day.
- Parents waiting for children in the pick-up lines need to ensure that their children know which carpark to go to.
- Meetings with staff are by appointment only. Any parent that is going to be in the school for more than 15 minutes needs to sign in and complete the COVID form at the Office.
- Please communicate with staff via phone or email.
- The Office is open if required, however please where a mask and observe the density limits (maximum of 6 people). It is preferable to phone or email if possible rather than come to the Office.
- All extra cleaning and hand hygiene that was in place last year is still being adhered to.
- Please do not send food items to share with others when it is your child’s birthday as they cannot be handed out.
- If your child is sick or displaying symptoms please keep them at home. Children that present as sick or displaying symptoms at school will be sent home.
- Bubble taps are operational at school.
- An ample amount of sports equipment will be provided at school so we ask that students do not bring equipment from home.
- Private music lessons will not be resuming during school hours. I would encourage families that want to continue lessons to contact their provider and make alternative arrangements.
2022 Foundation (Prep) Tours
We are currently taking Foundation enrolments and conducting 2022 Foundation (Prep) Tours by appointment. If you know of anyone considering St Pat’s for their child please ask them to call the school Office on 5943-9000 and book a tour.
Grade 6 Camp
For parents of students in Grade Six we have be informed by the Catholic Education Office that no interstate Camps will be occurring due to the snap border closures that can be imposed and the possibility that we could get caught on the wrong side of the border. We are currently finalising the booking of another camp within Victoria and we will let parents know as soon as a new venue and dates are confirmed.
Heaven 4M, Delbridge 3S, Madison 5RS, Aseni 5RS, Balin 2V, Javika PrM, Jade 1O, Emmanuel PrC, Sophie 6C, Zoe 6R, Thon 2G, Jacob PrM, Gabriel 5SA, Gurtaj 2V, Jaka 5TA, Maxwell 3S, Riem PrF, Lucas 3M, Amity 2DG, Thomas 4T, Lachlan 3M, Harshaan 2DG, Jordan 5TA, Amelia PrF, Kuei 2V, Blake 6R, Som PrF, Lawrence 2V, Gabrielle 1O, Jasmine PrF, Jeffery PrC, Flynn PrC, Samarth 4D, Tony 1MT, Audrey PrC, Flynn 3M, Indiana 1W
Wednesday 17th February 2021
|Beginning of Year Mass 9.30am|
Tuesday 2nd March 2021
|Family Learning Converstations|
Wednesday 3rd March 2021
|Family Learning Conversations|
Thursday 4th March 2021
Wednesday 31st March 2021
|Last day of Term 1 for students|
School Photographs for 2021 - St Patricks Pakenham
will be by our School Photographers, Spargo Photography.
On Thursday, 4 March 2021.
Students are to be in full school uniform.
There is no need to return any forms or payment to school before photo day, however, sibling photos must be requested online before 5pm the day prior.
To order click on the following links;
Access Key: FEX5MAN3
If you have any inquiries, please contact us on (03) 5942 5234
If any families are struggling at this time and would like to reach out for a chat or support please contact Meg Escalante, our Wellbeing officer, via email on email@example.com.
You can also visit the Be You website which has contact numbers for you to call.
Our Beginning of Year and Ash Wednesday Mass will be held on 17th February at 9.30am.
SACRAMENTAL PROGRAM 2021
Further information will come out soon in regards to our Sacramental Program for 2021.
Book club catalogue's will go home today! Orders are due in by Friday 19th February. All orders must be done on line via the scholastic web site.
Please see the flyer below for instructions on how to order. Cash payments will not be accepted!
Welcome to the new families to the school! Operoo is our Care Profile site. Parents are asked to set up a profile for their child, listing any medical requirements or conditions, and regularly update it. During the year if permissions are required for excursions or camps, Operoo is where you, as parents, need to log on and accept or decline.
Communication is also sent via Operoo's email system so please make sure this is set up and up to date.
Paddy's Kitchen's purpose is to make a difference in people's lives, by providing a fresh, nutritious meal in a friendly environment. Paddy's Kitchen serves every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month from St Patrick's Pakenham, Parish hall. Dinner at 6pm
Families with students who access the School Bus Program are reminded to ensure they have made and accepted an application for travel for the 2021 school year. Please log onto your School Bus Management System account to view the details and ensure your child has a valid travel approval. Should you not require travel please either decline the offer or let the school or the SBMS team you no longer require a travel offer you have accepted via SchoolBus@education.vic.gov.au. This will enable the seat to be allocated to another student.