"That they may all be one, as you Father, are in me and I am in you"
Welcome back to Term Three. I hope that all families are safe and well and managed to get in some sort of break over what has been a difficult time for all. Please remember that at school we are here to help and we want to work together with you to ensure that your child gets the most benefit they can out of remote learning.
Please spare a thought for the staff throughout this period. Once again, their job has completely changed at short notice and they have worked exceptionally hard to provide the opportunities they can for your children. Where possible the staff will be working from home to maintain the safety of all, however, we will require some staff onsite every day to look after those children that meet the criteria to attend. The classroom teachers will inform parents of their grade when they are rostered on at school for supervision. During this day they will not be able to respond to parents as they are supervising. I sincerely thank teaching staff, ESO’s and admin’s for their willingness to come on site during this period.
2021 Foundation (Prep) Enrolments
We are now taking 2021 Foundation enrolments. If you need enrolment forms, or know of someone else who does, can you please request them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately during this pandemic we cannot take tours or hold large gatherings, however, we are holding meetings over the phone with those that inquire.
Our new website is up and running www.stppakenham.catholic.edu.au I encourage you to have a look. If you know of prospective families wanting to attend St Pat’s you can direct them to this website.
Remote Learning Procedures
Below are the major points regarding what we are implementing;
- We are governed under the direction of the State Government which states that if a child can learn from home they must learn from home. We are expecting that the vast majority of our children will continue to learn remotely.
- Teachers will communicate with all families at least once per week. Parents are welcome to contact teachers electronically at any time during the hours of 8.30am-4.00pm. All staff emails are listed in the Remote Learning Handbook that has previously been emailed to parents. Classroom enquiries are to be emailed to the teachers.
- The Office will not be physically open, please call 5943-9000 or email enquiries to email@example.com and a member of the Office staff will get back to you.
- The students will be participating in video’s and Google Meets with the teachers. Your child’s classroom teacher will contact you weekly to inform when your meetings are scheduled.
- Work Packs were distributed to all families last week and the next set of packs will be distributed next Thursday, the 30th between 10.00-11.00am and 4.00-5.00pm . Again it is a drive through format. They will provide work for the next two weeks of term. A reminder that all work is also provided electronically.
- After receiving feedback from parents during the last remote period regarding submitted work tasks we are asking that families submit up to three tasks per week that the children are proud of. It is not an assessment task. This can be as simple as taking a photo of the work and emailing it in.
- All camps and excursions are cancelled for Term Three and we are still awaiting advice regarding the Sacramental Program.
For the very few children that will be attending school the following procedures are in place;
- If you are one of the few families that fit the criteria to allow your child to be onsite during this period, parents or caregivers cannot work from home, students with additional needs or vulnerable students then, you must complete the Intention Form sent out each week regarding your child’s attendance. The form will be sent out this afternoon and needs to be returned by 2.00pm tomorrow, the 24th.
- All children attending the site will be temperature checked upon arrival and will need to be picked up if they are reading 37.5 and above.
- Children that are sick in any way must stay at home.
- As Victoria is experiencing significant community transmission of COVID-19, all parents, guardians, carers and students who are feeling unwell and displaying symptoms are encouraged to get tested. DOSCEL has requested us to advise parents that all children of the parent, guardian or carer who has been tested should remain absent from school until the parent, carer or guardian receives a negative result.
- Children who are tested for COVID must remain at home until they receive a negative result.
- Children need to wear full school uniform and bring snack and lunch as usual.
- Every child must have their own drink bottle, bubble taps are switched off.
- The learning pack sent home must come into the school as the work they will be completing at school is exactly the same as they would be doing remotely.
- Pick up and drop off is from the Church car park only and parents are not to leave their cars.
- Children can attend from 8.45am – 3.10pm.
- The school will be running a skeleton staff so your child will not be supervised by their normal classroom teacher.
- Staff will be wearing masks and PPE at certain times when it is appropriate.
- OSCHC will be running as per last term.
Please contact Fil at the Office if your family circumstances have changed for a confidential discussion regarding your fees.