"That they may all be one, as you Father, are in me and I am in you"
- Principal's Message - 29th July 2021
- DATES TO REMEMBER!
- News from the RE (Religious Education) team!
- Book Club
- SIMON and PAM
- Schoolzine App - SZapp
- P & F News
- Contact and Medical Details
- Attn: Grade 5! - St Francis Xavier Year 7 2023 Information Night
- CSEF - Camps Sport and Education Fund
Thanks to all families for your cooperation with remote learning, let’s hope that this is the last time that we have to operate this way. I know in my family this particular remote period seemed extra difficult for our children. At times it was hard for them to see the positives and they felt particularly hard done by with so many things being taken away from them.
When talking to children during tough times it is important that you do not lie to them or make promises that you cannot keep. They need to be told the truth in an age appropriate manner. Whilst outlining the realities of the situation it also a key to remind them of the positives. For COVID lockdowns they can draw on the fact that they are safe, they can still access school (just in a different way), it won’t last forever (even though it can feel like it will), they have their family around them and eventually they will again get to enjoy those things that they feel that they are missing out on.
Again, I would like to thank all of the staff for their commitment and dedication to offering the best possible learning opportunities they could to our students throughout the remote period. We are very blessed to have the dedicated and committed staff that we have here at St Pat’s.
Family Learning Conversations
Thankyou for your attendance at the Family Learning Conversations. As a staff we really value this opportunity to meet with you.
Please remember that you are welcome to make an appointment with your child’s teacher at any time should you ever have any issues or concerns.
Grade 5 Camp
The Grade 5 Camp will be rescheduled; however, we are still finalising the details at this stage. We are expecting that it will now be in fourth term.
Interschool Sports are not permitted at this time.
If you know of anyone looking to enrol their child at St Pat’s for 2022 please encourage them to contact the school Office on 5943-9000.
The last of the First Communion Masses will take place on Saturday the 7th at 2.00pm and Sunday the 8th at 2.00pm. Please contact Noleen Chalmers for further details email@example.com
Assembly will be at 2.30pm on Friday. Unfortunately for parents due to the restrictions access will have to be online only. This week the Grade 5's will be hosting the assembly. Please click on the following link; Click to View Assembly
The following COVID Restrictions remain in place when anyone visits the school site;
I remind parents that the following procedures are in place for the safety of all;
- Masks are required to be worn by parents at all times when in the school.
- Parents wishing to come into the grounds to drop off or collect their children must scan the QR code on the way in and wait out the front of the classroom. Please do not enter the rooms and social distance whilst waiting. You must limit your visit to less than 15 minutes, gates open at 3pm at the end of the day.
- Parents waiting for children in the pick-up lines need to ensure that their children know which carpark to go to.
- If you do park your car you must walk over and collect your child. Please do not call for your children to walk across to your car unaccompanied.
- Meetings with staff are by appointment only. Any parent that is going to be in the school for more than 15 minutes needs to sign in and complete the COVID form at the Office.
- Please communicate with staff via phone or email.
- The Office is open if required, however, please wear a mask and observe the density limits (maximum of 6 people). It is preferable to phone or email if possible rather than come to the Office.
- All extra cleaning and hand hygiene that was in place is still being adhered to.
- Please do not send food items to share with others when it is your child’s birthday as they cannot be handed out.
- If your child is sick, or displaying symptoms, please keep them at home. Children that present as sick or displaying symptoms at school will be sent home and asked to gain a medical clearance or negative COVID test before they return to school.
- Bubble taps are operational at school.
- An ample amount of sports equipment will be provided at school so we ask that students do not bring equipment from home.
Important Dates for Your Diary
First Communion - 6th and 7th of August. 2.00pm
Confirmation – 21st August
SACRAMENTAL PROGRAM 2021
Sacrament Dates for 2021
Confirmation - Grade 6 Students
21st August 2pm and 6pm - Confirmation Masses
Reconciliation - Grade 3 Students
14th October - Parent Workshop
20th and 21st October - Reconciliation
If any families are struggling at this time and would like to reach out for a chat or support please contact Meg Escalante, our Wellbeing officer, via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit the Be You website which has contact numbers for you to call.
Book club catalogue's went home this week! Orders are due in by Friday 5th August. All orders must be done on line via the scholastic web site.
Please see the flyer below for instructions on how to order. Cash payments will not be accepted!
SIMON - a Learning Management Software solution for schools.
St Patrick’s Primary school is now using SIMON in the classroom to keep track of your child’s progress and learning as well as attendance. SIMON will also be used for School Reports and Student Wellbeing.
Access PAM via this link Link to PAM
PAM, SIMON’s Parent Access Module
PAM (Parent Access Module) is our new Parent to School communication platform. PAM will provide real time access to keep parents updated with their children’s progress, important dates and messages. Relevant resources – calendar events, student reports, parent notified absences, absence data and sick bay notes will all be accessed via PAM.
Parents will be able to easily book Parent Teacher interviews through PAM, and access teacher email addresses.
Parents would have received an email from email@example.com on Friday 5th March that contains instructions and a link for them to click on. Please check your JUNK or SPAM mailbox if you do not receive this email. PAM accounts are linked via your email address that we have in our systems. If you have recently changed your email or you can not find the email sent on Friday please call or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the 'forget password' link to set your password and then verify your email address. (Email addresses must be verified for PAM to work properly). Once your email is verified, your email can be used as the username for your account.
Once you have successfully logged in, you can save PAM to your homescreen on your device.
If you have any issues or need help with PAM please contact the school via email, email@example.com
Parent Notified Absences via PAM
Once you have PAM set up and saved to your home screen you can easily send in Parent Notified absences. Please use this platform going forward as this automatically syncs with the class roll. This will fix the issues of receiving SMS notifications even though you had already notified the school.
Operoo is still our main platform for communication! All correspondence will continue to go via the Operoo email platform. In most cases it will be in Operoo that you will first be notified of any upcoming excursions or events. Most of these events must first be approved before they appear on any calendar.
If you have any problems using Operoo, please call into the school office preferably on a Monday, Thursday or Friday and we will be able to help you.
The current committee is as follows:
Morwenna Harder - President
Karen Duiker - Vice President
Amy Condon - Treasurer
Tanya Fernandes - Secretary
Please remember to update your contact details and any relevant medical details for your child.
This can be either done via Operoo or contacting the school office.
The medical profile section of PAM has also now been turned on. Please update this at your convenience. We will still be using Operoo for any medical issues until the end of this year but as of the start of next year we will be moving to PAM for all communication and medical needs.
St Francis Xavier are holding an information evening for Year 7 2023, for anyone currently in Grade 5.
The Information Evening is to be held on Tuesday 17th August but you must register your interest in attending on the St Francis website.
Please see the flyer below.
Applications are now due!
The applicant must be one of the following:
- a parent/carer (of the relevant student) who is:
- on the first day of Term 1 (27 January 2021), the first day of Term 2 (19 April 2021) or the first day of Term 3 (12 July 2021) an eligible beneficiary of either a Centrelink Health Care Card or a Pensioner Concession Card, or
- an eligible beneficiary of a Veterans Affairs Gold Card, or
- a temporary foster carer, or
- a student who is 16 years or older and holds a valid concession card (such as a Youth Allowance Health Care Card or Disability Support Pension Card).
The parent/carer must submit an application to the school by 13 August 2021.
If anyone has any questions or would like to discuss their school fee account, please contact Fil in the school office firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please download and fill in the form below if you qualify.