"That they may all be one, as you Father, are in me and I am in you"
- Principal's Message - 9th September 2021
- R U OK?
- Child Safety Week 5th - 12th September 2021
- PE News
- News from the RE (Religious Education) team!
- You Matter! - 4M
- DATES TO REMEMBER!
- SIMON and PAM
- Gr 5 Goldfields
- Contact and Medical Details
- P & F News
- Schoolzine App - SZapp
Today is RUOK Day. Given the circumstances we are all experiencing at the moment due to COVID-19 there is probably not a more appropriate time to check in with those that you know and see if they are OK. Staying connected has an enormous impact on wellbeing, both for ourselves and those that we connect with.
At school, as a response to RUOK Day, today will be a wellbeing day for the students. The students will have the opportunity to move away from the screens and have a break from the usual remote learning program. The staff have put together a grid of mindfulness activities for your children to take part in. We hope that they enjoy the day.
If you know of anyone looking to enrol their child at St Pat’s for 2022 please encourage them to contact the school Office on 5943-9000 or email email@example.com
Footy Day – Friday the 17th September (last day of Term 3)
Next Friday we will be having a Footy Day. Students are encouraged to wear their footy colours on the Google Meets and those few students that are onsite can also wear their footy colours. The staff will organise footy related activities for the children to enjoy. As this is the last day of Term 3 school will conclude at 2.10pm for all students. There will only be a morning Google Meet on this day.
2022 Parent Requests
The process of planning for 2022 has begun. As per last year any parents who have any special requests will need to put them in writing and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday the 11th of October.
Please note that requests from last year, or any other previous year, will not be considered as circumstances change. We are blessed at St Patrick’s to have a professional and committed staff that plan together to ensure that the same learning opportunities are afforded to the students regardless of what class they are in, so please do not request individual teachers.
All requests will be given the appropriate consideration; however, it is not a guarantee.
First Communion and Confirmation
The Parish is still awaiting the easing of restrictions before new dates can be organised for the Sacraments. Noleen Chalmers (REL) will inform families of the new dates once they have been arranged. If you have any questions please email Noleen email@example.com
Reimbursement for Activities Not Undertaken
Currently we have rescheduled many activities that have been missed throughout the year for Term 4. At this stage we are hopeful that they will go ahead. If they cannot parents will be reimbursed the cost.
Remote Learning / Onsite Restrictions
Again, I remind families that to restrict movement and keep us all as safe as we can strict requirements are in place for students to attend school. The school will be open for the very few students of essential workers who meet the following criteria;
- Children where both parents and or carers are considered authorised workers who cannot work from home, work for an authorised provider and where no other supervision arrangements can be made.
- Where there are two parents/carers, both must be authorised workers, working outside the home in order for their children to be eligible for on-site provision.
- For single parents/carers, the authorised worker must be working outside the home in order for their children to be eligible for on-site provision.
- Children experiencing vulnerability, including: in out-of-home care, deemed vulnerable by a government agency, funded family or family violence service, and assessed as requiring education and care outside the family home
- Identified by a school or early childhood service as vulnerable, (including via referral from a government agency, or funded family or family violence service, homeless or youth justice service or mental health or other health service)
- Where a parent/carer indicates that a student with a disability is vulnerable because they cannot learn from home, and/or informs the school the student is vulnerable due to family stress.
If you are one of the few families who need to send your child(ren) to school, you must have completed your intention to send your child(ren) to St Patrick’s Primary form that was distributed to families supported by your essential worker permit form. This will enable us to ensure that we have sufficient staff on duty to supervise students in attendance.
Please note that if you choose to send your child(ren) to school, your child(ren) will be supervised whilst undertaking the Remote Schooling program which has been designed by our school. As such, your child will be undertaking the same program as those children learning at home.
Classroom Google Meets operating between 9.30-11.30am and 1.00-3.00pm each day. On Wednesday the Specialist Google Meets will continue as they have been. Once again, all work will be uploaded to Google Classroom. If you have any questions about this, please contact your child(ren’s) classroom teacher. We ask that parents remain within the vicinity of where their children are on the Google Meets.
In addition, I wish to advise you that your child(ren)’s teacher will not be supervising your child(ren) on-site, but will continue to support your child through the Remote Schooling program as previously advised to you.
The following COVID Restrictions remain in place when anyone visits the school site;
- Masks are required to be worn by parents at all times when in the school.
- The limited number of children at school must be dropped off and collected from the Church carline.
- Please communicate with staff via phone or email.
- The Office is physically closed to all but essential visitors, however, contact can be made by phone 5943-9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All extra cleaning and hand hygiene that was in place is still being adhered to.
- Please do not send food items to share with others when it is your child’s birthday as they cannot be handed out.
- If your child is sick, or displaying symptoms, please keep them at home. Children that present as sick or displaying symptoms at school will be sent home and asked to gain a medical clearance or negative COVID test before they return to school.
- Bubble taps are operational at school.
- An ample amount of sports equipment will be provided at school so we ask that students do not bring equipment from home.
Term 3 has definitely not been how we all planned it to be. As a staff we have been reflecting upon the hard work and resilience of each and every student and family at St Patrick’s. We are certainly lucky to have such a wonderful community.
The lock down has impacted us all in different ways and we would like to take the time to move away from the screens and formal learning for a day.
The staff have put together a grid of mindfulness activities for your children to take part in on this day. The activities are designed to activate students creative and active side as well as move them away from the screen for the day.
Activities for today!
- 9:30 – 10:30 google meet with classroom teacher to go through the learning grid and a wellbeing check in
- Students provided with a grid of creative, active and mindful tasks
- Families are encouraged to take photos of RUOK day and send them in for the school newsletter
- Students who are working onsite will be catered for by the onsite teaching staff
Click on the link below to view a YouTube video about RUOK? day.
PSG Meetings. Bookings open!
If you received an email asking you to book a PSG meeting please, book this via your PAM account. If you are having trouble please contact the school office and they will be able to assist you. Also, please note that not all students will be required to have a PSG this term, please email Meg if you have any queries.
Please read the article below in regards to helping children to cope with uncertainty during COVID.
Things are hard right now and if you need to talk about it or would just like to read some information on how to look after ourselves and our children, the following services will help you and articles will help you.
If any families are struggling at this time and would like to reach out for a chat or support please contact Meg Escalante, our Wellbeing officer, via email on email@example.com.
You can also visit the Be You website which has contact numbers for you to call.
The season of creation begins on the 1st of Sept and ends on the 4th of October this year. We are encouraging as many students/families to submit a drawing with regards to how we can Care for God's Creation.
These drawings will go onto the St. Patrick's Parish Facebook page, and it would be greatly appreciated if our school can add to the ones already on the Facebook page.
Please email your drawing to Mrs. Chalmers-
SACRAMENTAL PROGRAM 2021
Sacrament Dates for 2021
Confirmation - Grade 6 Students
21st August 2pm and 6pm - Confirmation Masses - postponed
Reconciliation - Grade 3 Students
14th October - Parent Workshop
20th and 21st October - Reconciliation
Friday - All Term
|Assembly - Cancelled for Lockdown|
Thursday 9th September 2021
Friday 17th September 2021
Friday 17th September 2021
End of Term 3 - 2.10pm finish!
AM google meet only.
Have you set up your PAM account yet!
PSG meetings Term 3 - Please book your meeting time via PAM!
From the start of 2022 PAM will be our main form of communication. All emails, Student Attendance, Sick Bay notes, School Reports, commonly used forms, excursion/camp permission notes and Family Learning conversations, will all be communicated via PAM.
A new app (SimonEverywhere) will soon be available to download to allow easy access to PAM but for now please save the PAM log on screen to the home page of your device or bookmark it in your browser.
Access PAM via this link Link to PAM
SIMON - a Learning Management Software solution for schools.
St Patrick’s Primary school is now using SIMON in the classroom to keep track of your child’s progress and learning as well as attendance. SIMON will also be used for School Reports and Student Wellbeing.
PAM, SIMON’s Parent Access Module
PAM (Parent Access Module) is our new Parent to School communication platform. PAM will provide real time access to keep parents updated with their children’s progress, important dates and messages. Relevant resources – calendar events, student reports, parent notified absences, absence data and sick bay notes will all be accessed via PAM.
Parents will be able to easily book Parent Teacher interviews through PAM, and access teacher email addresses.
PAM accounts are linked via your email address that we have in our systems. If you have recently changed your email please call or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the 'forget password' link to set your password and then verify your email address. (Email addresses must be verified for PAM to work properly). Once your email is verified, your email can be used as the username for your account.
Once you have successfully logged in, you can save PAM to your homescreen on your device.
If you have any issues or need help with PAM please contact the school via email, email@example.com
Parent Notified Absences via PAM
Once you have PAM set up and saved to your home screen you can easily send in Parent Notified absences. Please use this platform going forward as this automatically syncs with the class roll. This will fix the issues of receiving SMS notifications even though you had already notified the school.
Please remember to update your contact details and any relevant medical details for your child.
This can be either done via Operoo or contacting the school office.
The medical profile section of PAM has also now been turned on. Please update this at your convenience. We will still be using Operoo for any medical issues until the end of this year but as of the start of next year we will be moving to PAM for all communication and medical needs.
The current committee is as follows:
Morwenna Harder - President
Karen Duiker - Vice President
Amy Condon - Treasurer
Tanya Fernandes - Secretary
Operoo is still our main platform for communication! All correspondence will continue to go via the Operoo email platform. In most cases it will be in Operoo that you will first be notified of any upcoming excursions or events. Most of these events must first be approved before they appear on any calendar.
If you have any problems using Operoo, please call into the school office preferably on a Monday, Thursday or Friday and we will be able to help you.