"That they may all be one, as you Father, are in me and I am in you"
I hope that all families are coping as well as possible throughout Lockdown. Again, I remind families that your child’s teacher is there to support you in any way that they can. Please contact us if assistance is required.
To restrict movement and keep us all as safe as we can strict requirements are in place for students to attend school. The school will be open for the very few students of essential workers who meet the following criteria;
- Children where both parents and or carers are considered authorised workers who cannot work from home, work for an authorised provider and where no other supervision arrangements can be made.
- Where there are two parents/carers, both must be authorised workers, working outside the home in order for their children to be eligible for on-site provision.
- For single parents/carers, the authorised worker must be working outside the home in order for their children to be eligible for on-site provision.
- Children experiencing vulnerability, including: in out-of-home care, deemed vulnerable by a government agency, funded family or family violence service, and assessed as requiring education and care outside the family home
- Identified by a school or early childhood service as vulnerable, (including via referral from a government agency, or funded family or family violence service, homeless or youth justice service or mental health or other health service)
- Where a parent/carer indicates that a student with a disability is vulnerable because they cannot learn from home, and/or informs the school the student is vulnerable due to family stress. This may apply to students enrolled in specialist schools and students with a disability enrolled in mainstream schools
If you are one of the few families who need to send your child(ren) to school, you must have completed your intention to send your child(ren) to St Patrick’s Primary form that was distributed to families, supported by your essential worker permit form. This will enable us to ensure that we have sufficient staff on duty to supervise students in attendance.
Please note that if you choose to send your child(ren) to school, your child(ren) will be supervised whilst undertaking the Remote Schooling program which has been designed by our school. As such, your child will be undertaking the same program as those children learning at home.
Classroom Google Meets operating between 9.30-11.30am and 1.00-3.00pm each day. On Wednesday the Specialist Google Meets will continue as they have been. Once again, all work will be uploaded to Google Classroom. If you have any questions about this, please contact your child(ren’s) classroom teacher.
In addition, I wish to advise you that your child(ren)’s teacher will not be supervising your child(ren) on-site, but will continue to support your child through the Remote Schooling program as previously advised to you.
If you know of anyone looking to enrol their child at St Pat’s for 2022 please encourage them to contact the school Office on 5943-9000.
First Communion and Confirmation
Disappointingly the last of the First Communion Masses and Confirmation celebrations that were planned have had to be cancelled due to restrictions. Noleen Chalmers will inform families of the new dates once they have been arranged. If you have any questions please email Noleen email@example.com
We welcome Mr Matt Brown onto the staff as our Music teacher replacing Jane Baxter. Matt brings a wealth of experience teaching Music with him and has undertaken CRT work at St Pat’s previously. I am sure that he will be made to feel welcome by all.
At the end of Week 8 Andrea Richardson will be resigning from St Pat’s to take up a position at Explorers Early Learning. Andrea's role will be Kindergarten teacher, something she has wanted to do for a long time. The center is brand new and she will be helping the directors to get the early learning programs up and running. On behalf of everyone I thank Andrea for her time at St Pat's and we wish her well in her new role.
Grade 5 Camp
As you know this had to be postponed. We can finally let you know that it will now take place in Term 4, 10th to 12th November (COVID restrictions allowing). The students will still travel to Ballarat and spend some time at Sovereign Hill, but they will now be staying at Kryal Castle, a replica medieval castle that will take them back to a time of Knights and Maidens.
The following COVID Restrictions remain in place when anyone visits the school site;
I remind parents that the following procedures are in place for the safety of all;
- Masks are required to be worn by parents at all times when in the school.
- Parents wishing to come into the grounds to drop off or collect their children must scan the QR code on the way in and wait out the front of the classroom. Please do not enter the rooms and social distance whilst waiting. You must limit your visit to less than 15 minutes, gates open at 3pm at the end of the day.
- Parents waiting for children in the pick-up lines need to ensure that their children know which carpark to go to.
- If you do park your car you must walk over and collect your child. Please do not call for your children to walk across to your car unaccompanied.
- Meetings with staff are by appointment only. Any parent that is going to be in the school for more than 15 minutes needs to sign in and complete the COVID form at the Office.
- Please communicate with staff via phone or email.
- The Office is open if required, however, please wear a mask and observe the density limits (maximum of 6 people). It is preferable to phone or email if possible rather than come to the Office.
- All extra cleaning and hand hygiene that was in place is still being adhered to.
- Please do not send food items to share with others when it is your child’s birthday as they cannot be handed out.
- If your child is sick, or displaying symptoms, please keep them at home. Children that present as sick or displaying symptoms at school will be sent home and asked to gain a medical clearance or negative COVID test before they return to school.
- Children displaying symptoms may be temperature checked while at school.
- Bubble taps are operational at school.
- An ample amount of sports equipment will be provided at school so we ask that students do not bring equipment from home.
Things are hard right now and if you need to talk about it or would just like to read some information on how to look after ourselves and our children, the following services will help you and articles will help you.
The following You tube clip is one about helping kids cope with what they hear about in the news.
If any families are struggling at this time and would like to reach out for a chat or support please contact Meg Escalante, our Wellbeing officer, via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit the Be You website which has contact numbers for you to call.
We are sorry to announce that all activities for this term have been either postponed or cancelled.
Winter sport and Lightning Prem - Cancelled
Hooptime - Cancelled
District Athletics - Postponed
Girls Football - Postponed - TBC
However, what is going ahead is our Virtual Active Club e-challenge
To inspire movement and to foster some community spirit, starting yesterday, and continuing for the next few weeks, I have scheduled an ongoing activity for the whole school, staff included!
As we are missing out on Active Club in the morning and it seems many are struggling to be active, I have set up an e-challenge. It will also be linked into an online challenge where we have the opportunity to win sports equipment. Results have to be submitted online by Sept 10th, so I will be sending out a form to students prior to that so they can submit their final results.
At the moment, children are being asked to keep a personal record of their walking or running. For your reference, I have attached the document for which they have a copy. It has details of the event and how they might record their results.
- Students have a tally sheet in their google classroom, that they can use. They DO NOT need to turn it in each day. Just keep track, either steps, time, or distance.
- At the end of the challenge, I will post a Google Form for the students to fill in their final total. They will need to submit the form to me so that I can add up the WHOLE SCHOOL’S Remote Active Club distance.
Have you set up your PAM account yet!
From the start of 2022 PAM will be our main form of communication. All emails, Student Attendance, Sick Bay notes, School Reports, commonly used forms, excursion/camp permission notes and Family Learning conversations, will all be communicated via PAM.
A new app (SimonEverywhere) will soon be available to download to allow easy acces to PAM but for now please save the PAM log on screen to the home page of your device or bookmark it in your browser.
Access PAM via this link Link to PAM
SIMON - a Learning Management Software solution for schools.
St Patrick’s Primary school is now using SIMON in the classroom to keep track of your child’s progress and learning as well as attendance. SIMON will also be used for School Reports and Student Wellbeing.
PAM, SIMON’s Parent Access Module
PAM (Parent Access Module) is our new Parent to School communication platform. PAM will provide real time access to keep parents updated with their children’s progress, important dates and messages. Relevant resources – calendar events, student reports, parent notified absences, absence data and sick bay notes will all be accessed via PAM.
Parents will be able to easily book Parent Teacher interviews through PAM, and access teacher email addresses.
PAM accounts are linked via your email address that we have in our systems. If you have recently changed your email please call or email us on email@example.com
Click on the 'forget password' link to set your password and then verify your email address. (Email addresses must be verified for PAM to work properly). Once your email is verified, your email can be used as the username for your account.
Once you have successfully logged in, you can save PAM to your homescreen on your device.
If you have any issues or need help with PAM please contact the school via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Notified Absences via PAM
Once you have PAM set up and saved to your home screen you can easily send in Parent Notified absences. Please use this platform going forward as this automatically syncs with the class roll. This will fix the issues of receiving SMS notifications even though you had already notified the school.
SACRAMENTAL PROGRAM 2021
Sacrament Dates for 2021
Confirmation - Grade 6 Students
21st August 2pm and 6pm - Confirmation Masses - postponed
Reconciliation - Grade 3 Students
14th October - Parent Workshop
20th and 21st October - Reconciliation
To all the families that ordered book's from the last catalogue, your orders have arrived and will be here waiting for you once we can return to school.
Thanks for all the support. Every order helps and goes towards points to buy new books for our library.
Friday - All Term
|Assembly - Cancelled for Lockdown|
|Grade 5 Camp - postponed, new dates 10th - 12th November!|
30th August - 10th September
|Gr2 swimming - Postponed, new dates to be confirmed!|
|Interschool Sports - cancelled.|
Friday 17th September
|End of Term 3|
Operoo is still our main platform for communication! All correspondence will continue to go via the Operoo email platform. In most cases it will be in Operoo that you will first be notified of any upcoming excursions or events. Most of these events must first be approved before they appear on any calendar.
If you have any problems using Operoo, please call into the school office preferably on a Monday, Thursday or Friday and we will be able to help you.
The current committee is as follows:
Morwenna Harder - President
Karen Duiker - Vice President
Amy Condon - Treasurer
Tanya Fernandes - Secretary
Please remember to update your contact details and any relevant medical details for your child.
This can be either done via Operoo or contacting the school office.
The medical profile section of PAM has also now been turned on. Please update this at your convenience. We will still be using Operoo for any medical issues until the end of this year but as of the start of next year we will be moving to PAM for all communication and medical needs.